Article to introduce you to the TCA, the industry’s most important trade organization for tilt-up Construction.
The leading trade organization in the industry for tilt-up construction is the Tilt-up Concrete Association. Founded in 1986 by a group of contractors, professionals and manufacturers, the Tilt-Up Concrete Association works to expand and improve the use of Tilt-Up as the preferred method for commercial concrete construction.
”The TCA is to tilt-up construction what the AGC is to the commercial construction industry. The organization works to educate industry members and create standards to make tilt-up even more safe and successful than it is now.
Specifically, the TCA performs the following functions:
- Develop and expand Tilt-Up concrete markets.
- Represent the Tilt-Up Concrete Industry to users, designers, and specifiers.
- Disseminate engineering and architectural data.
- Provide training and educational programs for the Industry, its users and specifiers.
- Encourage high standards for quality in design and construction.
- Achieve a large Contractor, Associate and Professional membership.
- Solicit members regardless of the company’s business volume.
- Encourage, recognize and reward excellence in the utilization of Tilt-Up concrete.
- Maintain a professional stature as the best informed organization on the subject of Tilt-Up concrete.
- Develop standards, code provisions and specification to meet industry needs.
- Create an image that inspires consumer confidence in our Industry.
- Collect and disseminate statistics, ideas and information relating to the Tilt-Up industry.
- Maximize involvement of all categories of members in Association activities.
- Promote a continuing safety program.
- Secure efficient cooperation between the Tilt-Up industry and architects, engineers, contractors, real estate developers, government officials and allied or related associations and institutes.
- Issue publications to disseminate information of value to its members, the public and government.
- Operate without profit and no part of the income of the organization shall inure to the benefit of any individual member.
- Represent the interests of the Tilt-Up industry to the model building codes.
- Communicate business opportunities to TCA members.
“The TCA is to tilt-up construction what the AGC is to the commercial construction industry,” said Ed McGuire, President of Arlington, Texas-based Bob Moore Construction and former Vice President of the Board of Directors for TCA. “The organization works to educate industry members and create standards to make tilt-up even more safe and successful than it is now.”
For more information about this organization, please visit the Tilt-up Concrete Association website at tilt-up.org.